Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fort Scott, Kansas

What is this item? My sister and I visited Fort Scott in Kansas last week on our “sister trip.” The fort is superbly restored. This item was located in a bedroom. I bought, sold, and restored antique furniture for 20 years; and I have never seen this item before. It looks as though it is made from metal and it is folded up. Does anyone have a clue as to what it was used for? You will be seeing many more pictures from Fort Scott later, but most items I will be able to identify.
__________


I have found the answer to my question. I wrote Fort Scott, and this item is a portable bed that is in its storage configuration. The Museum Technician at Fort Scott National Historic Site told me that I wasn’t the only person that thought it might be a quilt rack.
Fort Scott National Historic Site Museum Object 1008.

No comments: