Thursday, July 3, 2008

Winter sunset

I was printing this picture today, and it brought back some memories of a trip to St. Joseph, MO, in January. We were driving home after delivering some pictures to the Albrecht-Kemper Art Museum. I asked Jim to pull over as soon as he could find a good spot so I could grab a few pictures of the sunset. I saw a big flock of geese, so Jim found the perfect place to stop. As soon as my first foot hit the ground, I knew I was in a mess. As I felt the mud oozing up around my shoes, I asked Jim to grab a sack out of the back seat of the car and put it on the floor of the car. I got my sunset pictures plus a clean-up job when I got home.

What do you think of when you look at this picture? All I can think about is that awful feeling as my foot sank into that soft sludge.

No comments: