Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Coffee House Show

Tomorrow, I will be putting up new pictures at Rendezvous Coffee House. They are very nice to allow me to keep three or four pieces of art work in there. There are five of us that show our work there. Please stop by sometime when you are in the area and have a cup of coffee or sandwich as you are enjoying the art.

Rendezvous is located in Broadfield Plaza just west of HyVee on Broadway in Columbia, MO. Their web page is: http://www.rendezvouscoffeehouse.com/home.html

The pictures that I will be hanging are Fluttering (the butterfly picture that I have posted earlier on this blog), Spring at the Lake, and Wave Sounds. They are all digital art. Spring at the Lake was taken this spring. I used similar effects on it as I did with Fluttering as I described in my entry called – Process of creating my art.


Wave Sounds is a different method of digital art. This is a collage of four photographs. The ocean and sky are in Florida. I have combined this with some musicians to give the impression that they were performing on a boardwalk near the ocean. After combining the photographs, I painted it. On the layer above the photograph, I painted the picture using oil paints. (Remember that when I say that I am painting, I’m really doing it all on the computer.) The brush is picking up the color from the photograph. I am using different sized brushes with the smallest sizes on the seagull in the sky. I have included close-ups of two portions of the painting so that you can see the detail of the individual strokes of the brush and bristles.

No comments: