Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Jan grew up on a wheat farm

I grew up on a wheat farm in Kansas. The first camera I remember using is my mother’s black box camera. As I grew up, cameras were in essence the same--never enough film and days of waiting to see the results.

College (the first time) was interrupted with my dream of marriage and three children. College (the second time) was centered on a special education teaching degree to supply extra income to pay for college expenses for our children. My degree of Master of Education was in Information Science and Educational Technologies. I taught Learning Disabilities for over 25 years as well as teaching technology skills to teachers, parents, and students. Through these years, I was developing my art skills but only for my own enjoyment.

After retirement, my husband and I decided to remain in Missouri where we had lived the last 35 years. We moved to Columbia, Missouri, to be close to our children and grandchildren. Our lives now embrace fine art with Jim’s poetry writing and my photography.

No comments: